Monday 21 March 2016

WEEK 12: Artistic Transport (And a note on my personal journey with the challenge)


Our world is one defined by how we get around. Literal or interpretative, find inspiration in transportation.

At this point I want to make a point on my personal journey with the challenge.
I was beginning to loose a little steam with the project, it was around the time of the Artistic shadows that I could no longer be bothered going out and taking these photos.  Afterall, I'm only creating these photos for myself, and creating this blog for myself.  Who's my audience? Who am I taking these photos for?   There not the high end quality I wanted, there not professional enough.  

The thoughts are gremlins.  Voices that nag, tell you that you aren't good enough, and need to be pushed down to where they came.  Because if you've ever watched  a Gremlin film, you know they can't take photographs!

So there I was in a low place, beating myself up for not being as creative or as artistic or naturally gifted as I would like, and thought I'd take a trip up to Castle Hill to take my Panoramic (which coincidentally also added to my feeling of utter despair, as I just couldn't take one. See: Week 8.)  

Looking over the hill, I saw passing traffic, and quickly I took a photo, after zooming in it was there.  Perfect and elegant and artistic. 

However, it wasn't my first choice.  I was originally going to have a photo of my car at the Castle Hill car park looking onwards at Emley More mass.  It seemed more symbolic to me, it literally did transport me everywhere.  And I felt it bonded with me and the car.  But here's  a moment when you have to separate yourself from the photographer and ask what's visibly better.

Anyway, lessons were learned today.  And I have a great photo to show for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment