Tuesday 8 March 2016

WEEK 9 Artistic: Shadows

The opposite of light is dark, the absence of light is shadow. Interpret this into a masterpiece.

I really wanted to try for something special after researching shadow photography online, there were some really brilliant and creative uses of shadows.

Originally I was playing with the sunset, creating silhouettes with Clem the cat.  And although I created a cool picture, I wasn't really happy with it. One, it didn't fit the criteria, and two, it wasn't as unique as I wanted,  I wanted to put my signature on it.

So yeah, I think I got carried away with this one.  So much so it gave me a severe case of photography block.

Eventually I settled on using an Atlas, that I cut birds out of, placed them on some fairy lights.

How random you say!

It is.

I borrowed the shapes out of maps idea from a creative person I follow on instagram by the name of Kim Searle, who used Tintin comics to create lampshades. The bird idea was mine, but I probably borrowed that from somewhere and the fairy lights came in because they were there, and it works.

Anyway.  Boom.

Shadow pic.


No comments:

Post a Comment