Sunday 24 January 2016

WEEK 3 Artistic: Red Shoot

whatever inspires you. Red should be the focus of the image. Don't be afraid to be creative.

I never realised before it's bloody difficult to be creative without any instructions.  Here's red. Do something with it.  The ideas that came to mind were red roses, skull with red roses, red lipstick. sunsets, and then, I remembered a candle we had, it was beautiful, it was Japanese, it was barely used- it wasn't red.

But the flame!! Isn't that red? Not really.  It was symbolic, it was beautiful but it wasn't red.
Instead, what I had was a red table cloth in our kitchen.  I pratted around for about an hour playing with old xmas trees 'capturing' her in a moment.

I lit her, and I shot her with the plain red background. And it was there. That was it.  It was something I over thought to death then suddenly I had this really soulful picture.

Quite pleased with the end result.


No comments:

Post a Comment