Wednesday 27 January 2016

WEEK 4 Portrait: Headshot

You shot a selfie, now shoot a "selfie" of someone else!

Well, I've now done three shoots that I've not totally messed up and I'm feeling like I'm gaining steam.  But, with the last three shoots they've been solo, I've not had to tell anyone what to do, where I want them, and they would have to put up with me trying to work out my own train of thought.  Which is a nightmare on the best occasions.  But luckily I had Fee with me who was extremely patient. So thank you Fee.

Anyway, once again I made do with a make-shift studio, using two lamps, and a piece of thick white fabric to soften the intensity of one of the bulbs.

There was a point during the shoot where I felt I had the shot, and I kept retaking it, over and over again, because I had this amazing shadow effect on the wall the the lamp projected, and I just couldn't let it go.  Eventually after I filled my card, I looked at them on my laptop and even though they were ok, they were mostly cliche.  'Here's a girl looking at the light, here's a girl looking away from the light...' It was just too on the nose.  And there were some really great shots that just came up to dark once I transferred them on to my computer. So hey oh, on we went.

Once we went for the second take, we abandoned the chair and I moved around her, getting her propped against the wall, generally trying to move about a bit.  And lo and behold, after a lot of messing about with lighting I finally got this shot.  Which I think looks pretty-sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment